Monday 4 June 2012

You Guessed It....More Art!

This is the final in the Apple Art series, which sadly is lacking the complete piece. Since I the only complete drawing with all my ideas in it was done during my art exam, I haven't got a photo and I doubt I'll ever see it again. I really wish I could have taken it home, because I was soooo thrilled with what I'd done. Just being able to draw all my ideas into one piece made me so happy (and ever so slightly relieved). Now all I have to do is wait until I get my results back to see if the SQA felt the same way.

Onto the pictures! The second one is a sketch I did about two days before the exam. I was trying to draw a crow from memory, but it turned out looking more like an owl or some sort of bird of prey. Rather than being annoyed with my lack of crow drawing skills, the failed crow gave me an idea. I spent the night before my art exam surfing the net for pictures of owls and finally settled for a dramatic shot of this massive owl swooping down to land on something in the snow. So, I printed the picture off, went upstairs and started drawing. The result is the first picture, which is actually a lot smaller than it looks. Pleased with the results I packed up and went to sleep.

On the day of my exam, I took my last minute idea and put it into action. I drew the usual arm with the mouldy apple, except facing in a way so that if you looked at the picture you would be looking up the arm towards the hand. Then, swooping in behind the hand, as if to snatch away the apple, I drew this massive owl.

All I need to do now is to wait for the results :P


Miss B xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment