Tuesday 21 February 2012

Nuvole Bianche



I thought it was about time I posted something more on classical music, so here is probably one of my favourite piano pieces of all time. It's called Nuvole Bianche by the composer Ludovico Einaudi, and featured as the sound track to the film This Is Britain. I first heard this piece at my gran's house, she just put on this CD of classical music and I was sat at the piano listening to various operatic songs and musical scores when this came on. The minute I heard the first opening chords I fell absolutely head over heels with the piece. It's so dramatic and full of feeling; it actually gave me shivers! So as you can guess, I got obsessed and decided I wanted to learn it for myself. I ordered Una Mattina, the piano music book that the piece is in, and that was that.

Una Mattina

"If someone asked me about this album, I would say it is a collection of songs linked together by a story. But, unlike my other albums, it doesn't belong to a time in the past. It speaks about me now, my life, the things around me. My piano which I have nicknamed 'Tangore', my children Jessica and Leo, the orange kilim carpet that brightens up the living room, the clouds sailing slowly across the sky, the sunlight coming through the window, the music I listen to, the books I read and those I don't read, my memories, my friends and the people I love."

Ludovico Einaudi


Miss B xxxx












No comments:

Post a Comment