Sunday 3 June 2012

Yet More Art

In these paintings/drawings, I was fiddling with the idea of adding something more to my final piece. Something that would be more attention grabbing than just a plain old hand holding a plain old mouldy apple. I wasn't exactly sure what to go on, but eventually I came up with the idea of crows, because they scavenge for decaying dead things. Uber cheerful!

The first painting was me testing out what position to draw the crow in. I wasn't sure weather I should have it sitting pecking at the apple, so that it was a main feature, or have it in the background as a silhouette. At first, I really liked the idea of having the crow side on, because it would be much easier to draw; I even laid down another idea linking to that theme as you can see from the second picture. Then, at the last minute, I decided I didn't really like that idea and came up with something that was a little bit more dramatic...


Miss B xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment