Thursday 13 October 2011

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark Film Review

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh! This film is so good it's unbelievable. Okay, so it has an exceptionally gory beginning, but that only lasts about two minutes. The rest of the film really grips you! It's about a young girl called Sally who is sent to live with her dad and his girlfriend Kim. Sally and Kim get off to a rocky start, but the relationship smooths out as the film goes along, and also as the plot thickens. Basically, below the house is a secret basement and in it is a kind of fireplace or coal cellar thing which leads into another world, and Sally unwittingly opens up the gateway, releasing these gremlin like fairy creatures which have a particular taste for children's teeth. Yum. These creatures start out by trying to trick Sally into being friends with them and lure her down into the other world, but she doesn't fall for it and the fairies become more and more violent towards her. The film ends with a sudden unexpected twist, which is quite...skillful I suppose.

All in all I really enjoyed this film, and I have decided to do a kind of film rating thing, so I'm giving Don't be afraid of the dark a seven out of ten.

Miss B xxxx





No comments:

Post a Comment