Tuesday 10 July 2012

The Amazing Spider-man

Contrary to the title the 'amazing spider-man' is really not that amazing. Harsh, I know. A big apology to you Marvel fans, it's just the opinion of a Scottish nobody. Let me lay this out for you guys, we had a choice, Ice Age 4, or The Amazing Spider-man? We chose the latter, I wish we'd gone with Ice Age.

The film isn't a complete failure in my mind, there are a lot of lines that make me laugh, it is very funny and the acting from all the cast is great. The thing that nags me is the way the humor becomes repetitive, oh, and the way that the director has managed to slip in the 'oh so cliched' funeral scene, complete lots of rain and huge black golf umbrellas. And it's too long! Compared to, say the Hunger Games, a film in a completely different genre granted, it seems a bit shoddy.


This is a film I feel has tried too hard, which is a shame because it had the potential to be very good. I would give it a rating of two out of five, the jokes and funny lines during the opening scenes saved it from a one. Frankly, I wouldn't go to see it again, but, here's a heads up, the new Batman looks good. Now that I've said that, it's probably jinxed. 

Miss B xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment