Wednesday 27 February 2013

My First Press Release

Hey guys, as I think I've said before, I'm Perth Youth Orchestra's publicist, which is a pretty good bit of experience seeing as I want to be journalist. I thought I'd share my fist press release with you all just to see what you think. If you could leave an opinion in the comments box or something I'd be really interested to look at! I've sent copies to the Blairgowrie and Perthshire Advertisers and the Courier and a couple of radio stations, but enough about that and on with the show... 



 

Perth Youth Orchestra Fundraising Ceilidh

The 2013 Perth Youth Orchestra Ceilidh is being held on Saturday the 2nd of March at St Matthew’s church, Tay Street, from 7.30-11.00 pm.

As well as being great fun, the ceilidh is being held in order to raise funds for the PYO’s trip to Tuscany this summer.

Tickets are being sold at £10 each and £35 for a family ticket (two adults and their children).To purchase tickets, contact Steffi Anderson on 01738 442 974.

Music is provided by the Blackford Fiddle Group; set up 17 years ago in order to help people of all ages learn to play the fiddle in a traditional style. Singer songwriters Beth and her dad, Jim Malcolm, will also be performing.

Steffi Anderson, organiser of the ceilidh says, “We will be delighted to welcome members of the Blackford Fiddle Group who provide such wonderful encouragement and inspiration to young fiddle players. It's also very exciting to have our special guests Beth and Jim Malcolm performing for us”.

Stovies are free and there will be soft drinks and nibbles sold. Guests can bring their own drink, but no spirits please
 

No comments:

Post a Comment