Tuesday 29 November 2011

I Bake A Cake...Well, Sort Of


Don't you just hate it when you get those sudden, random urges to bake a cake? No? Maybe nobody else suffers from Random Cake Baking Syndrome (I made that up, just in case you were wondering) but I certainly do. Why is it when I see the cookery book sitting forlornly on a shelf I just have to pick it up and leaf through it? Of course the answer is RCBS!

So I decided to bake this chocolate and vanilla marble loaf, using one of the recipes from my mum's Mary Berry Simple Cakes book, and here I am an hour later with a cake that is moving! Yes that's right, the cake is MOVING! Probably because it's not cooked properly, but oh, how cruel baking is! I put the cake in for just the right amount of time that it was supposed to be cooked for, and yet it's wobbling around the place like it's decided it wants to be a jelly rather than a cake. Jeeeeesh! Why do these things always happen to me? So I'm going to put the cake back in the oven for...uh, lets say another 20 minutes, and I am going to sit tight with my fingers crossed...

Hey, I think that actually worked! The cake is no longer jiggling around the place, it's staying nice and firm the way a cake should, it looks quite nice actually, well, edible at least.

And the taste verdict is: really good!

Miss B xxxx



1 comment:

  1. lol...I suffer from random cookie baking syndrome.

    ReplyDelete